🌱 DA + Tir N. 25th St. + Christmas Village election results
Hey, people of Philadelphia! Dan Casarella here with a new copy of the Philadelphia Daily.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Usually sunny and cool. High: 53 Low: 37.
Here are the best stories in Philadelphia today:
- The results arrive for the race for Philadelphia District LawyerYes. The polling stations closed at 8 p.m. last night and the holder Larry krasner was ahead of the challenger Charles Perouto in the first hour. Check out the latest Patch results. (Philadelphia Patch)
- A 33-year-old man is in critical condition after being shot several times in North Philadelphia early Tuesday morning. Police found the victim lying on the sidewalk in the 1700 block from North 25th StreetAt around 12:30 am, he had been shot at least three times in the head, lower back and leg. (6 ABC)
- Philadelphia Christmas Village will return for the 14th consecutive year to Downtown with over 110 unique suppliers. The German outdoor Christmas market will span Love park, the City hall courtyard, and the north side of Town hall, and run from Thanksgiving Day to Christmas Eve. A preview weekend will take place from November 20-21 to give visitors a sneak peek at this year’s products. (CNB 10)
- A freeze notice has been issued for the City of philadelphia, in effect until 9 a.m. this morning. The region could experience its first 30-degree weather today, and the first frost is likely in the suburbs of Philadelphia. (CBS 3)
- Masking policies have changed in the regions of Philadelphia cream as waves of COVID-19 come and go. While the state still requires masks on public transport and in schools, authorities have left it up to private companies to decide whether they want to implement an in-store mask policy. On the other side Philadelphia cream, masks are mandatory at all outdoor non-seated gatherings of more than 1,000 people and at all indoor businesses that do not require vaccination for employees and customers. Otherwise, policies have varied considerably depending on where Philadelphia cream you are beautiful. (6 ABC)
Today’s Philadelphia Daily is brought to you from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
Today in Philadelphia:
- National Stress Awareness Day – Abraham Lincoln (12:00 p.m.)
- Jazz Bridge presents Dave Posmontier and Philly Stomp in Cheltenham (9:00 am)
- The Cavity Busters Post-Halloween CANDY BUY BACK event is almost here, and for TWO DAYS ONLY! (15:00)
- Free workshop – Code and play your own game with Scratch (4:30 p.m.)
- Lesson of things (5:00 p.m.)
- 51st environmental partnership dinner (5:30 p.m.)
- Second Saturday Divorce Workshop (6:00 p.m.)
- Livy’s plant-based food pop-up in Distrito (7:00 p.m.)
- Ask the Experts: Smart Homes and Using Technology to Manage Risk (7:00 p.m.)
- Iron Chef Jose Garces Ghost Kitchen Pop-Up (7:00 p.m.)
- Theater Exile presents Makasha Copeland’s Extreme Home Makeover (8:00 p.m.)
- Philadelphia Police Department: “*** HIRING POLICE OFFICER RECRUITS NOW ** The PPD Recruiting Unit is pleased to announce the opening of the application period for the Police Officer Recruit position. is open from now until November 30, 2021. ” (Facebook)
- Philadelphia School District: “JOB FAIR: Wednesday, November 3 | 10-14h | 440 N. Broad St. Seeking experienced and entry-level professionals for full and part-time positions. Bring your resume and interview on site!” (Facebook)
- Philadelphia School District: “Congratulations to our Teacher of the Month Lori Keefer from Overbrook Education Center! #PHLed #Teacher”Facebook)
- Philadelphia School District: âNeed a COVID-19 vaccine? Join SDP and Penn Medicine on November 4th for a vaccination event at West Philly High School for anyone 12 years of age or older. Sign up by texting ‘READY’ to 267 -263-7618. ” (Facebook)
- Philadelphia Free Library: “Join moderator Maiken Scott of WHYY’s The Pulse and a panel of experts for a conversation on public health and vaccines, past and present, this Wednesday, November 3 at 6:30 p.m.” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Concerts and services:
That’s all for today. See you tomorrow morning for another update! If you like these newsletters, consider bringing other friends and neighbors for the ride. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Dan Casarella
About me: Dan Casarella is a writer, podcast producer and small business development specialist who previously worked on late night television. He produced numerous discussion segments, including with President Joe Biden, Kobe Byrant and Chadwick Boseman. Dan studied media studies and production at Temple University. He also enjoys running, painting and the ups and downs of Philadelphia sports teams.